Style & Design
A Color Story: Blue
Why do we love the color blue? It reminds us of the beautiful summer season, tropical waters, robin eggs, country skies, blueberry pie and even the cookie-obsessed character on Sesame Street. It also reminds us of how important it is to incorporate positive feelings into your designs. In this blog post, we’re identifying five different blue tile looks to transform help your home.
“Blue is known for its trust and dependability. It’s reliable, responsible, and mentally soothing. For that reason alone, it’s one of the most-liked colors across the entire world.”—CoSchedule
The color blue is said to encourage efficiency and confidence. Patterns are a great way to express your personality. Put the two concepts together, and you have the ultimate courageous look!
Liven up your patio with an energetic pattern and color. Blu Widow Hex was made to entertain and set the scene for your summer backyard bash!
Light blue is the best color to design with when it comes to easing stress and promoting tranquility. Which is why it’s the a perfect color for creating a variety of coastal looks.
The Pixel series’ deep sea blue, teal and sea-green colors will add a nautical twist to a bathroom or kitchen. These ocean-inspired tiles are pool rated, making them perfect for adding a refreshing twist outdoor spaces.
Check out our latest signature look, Beach House Bath, in the image below. This eye-catching display features tile from our Color Market series. The light blue was pulled out of the floor and repeated on the wall to complement the bright colors.
“While the floor colors provide vibrancy and fun, the soft blue wall adds a calming effect, tying the beach vibe together beautifully.”—Kirsty Froelich, Tile Shop design manager
You can find Beach House Bath and explore more of the Color Market series’ endless colorways in a showroom near you.
You don’t have to dive beneath the ocean’s surface to find this next tile. Patchwood Deep Ocean’s wood look and dark shades of blue and grey replicate wooden planks from sunken ships.
Blue and white have remained a classic country palette throughout the years. The timeless duo adds a welcoming and refreshing look to any design. Our rustic Star Blue tile holds an identical coloration and feeling. Utilize the tile’s vintage charm and appearance to complete a modern farmhouse look.
The playfully patterned accent backsplash in the image below belongs to our Annie Selke Ikat collection. This bold blue tile adds a bohemian vibe to the artisanal-style subway tiles and country kitchen.
Who knew blue stone and stone-look tiles could be so appealing to the eye? We did!
Refine your kitchen backsplash with the soft blue undertones of Victoria Grey marble and refreshing white marble. This chevron mosaic provides a perfect accent of elegance.
Bold and Blue
For our last look, we were inspired by the saying “go big or go home.” Improve the atmosphere of a small space by filling it with shades of blue. While this bathroom’s courageous focal point is the blue tile, the designer brightened up the space with accents of white and gold.
Step into the refreshing shower oasis below—the glistening blue Humboldt Glass subway tiles lighten the atmosphere. We love the coordinating niche and floor tiles. The Hampton Carrara marble adds an appealing sophistication to the design.
Ready to refresh your home with the color blue? We have plenty of blue tiles to help with that. Visit your nearest showroom to see the largest selection of tile in U.S.
Shop The Look
- Winter Morning Athens GlassGlass | 615904
- Winter Morning Subway3 x 12 in. | Glass | 615869
- Encaustic Cobalt8 x 8 in. | Cement | 680736
- Rowallan Encaustic Square Pattern 8 x 8 in. | Cement | 680712
- Blu Widow Hex8 x 9 in. | Cement | 680718
- Color Market Wonderland Subway2.5 x 9 in. | Ceramic | 495873
- Annie Selke Aylin Blue20 x 20 in. | Ceramic | 680873
- Annie Selke Ikat Blue20 x 20 in. | Ceramic | 680871
- Star Blue18 x 18 in. | Ceramic | 680639
- Annie Selke Shadow Navy6 x 6 in. | Ceramic | 680829
- Alato Midnight ChevronGlass | 615867
- Victoria Grey Harlow with White Marble. Marble | 616158
- Glass Silver Diamond1 x 3.5 in. | Glass | 616133
- Aqua Blu24 x 47 in. | Porcelain | 680608
- Humboldt Glass Subway3 x 12 in. | Glass | 615566
- Imperial Sky Blue Gloss Hex2 in. | Ceramic | 667867
- Imperial Ocean Blue Gloss2 in. | Ceramic | 667864
- Imperial Slate Blue Bevel Gloss Subway4 x 12 in. | Ceramic | 495410