12 Awe-Inspiring Before & Afters
Turning a lackluster interior into the space of your dreams is just a few design updates away. Explore these breathtaking room transformations for all the inspiration you need to elevate your home with a little TLC. From a pattern-forward maximalist living room to a chic vintage bathroom with pops of pastel pink, there’s fresh eye candy for every style and taste.
1. Brooke Pavel’s Bright Boho Bathroom
During the Fall 2020 One Room Challenge, Iowa-based DIYer Brooke Pavel transformed her home’s unfinished primary bathroom into a cozy, light-filled haven. Featuring the Picket Florencia Super Bianco, Tresana Blanco and Royal White Polished Hex Marble tiles alongside natural wood accents and gold hardware, this space is a boho-inspired dream!
2. Bari J.’s Art Deco Bathroom
Dubbed her Deco Dreams Primary Bathroom, designer Bari Ackerman of Bari J. Designs turned an everyday space into a true work of art through intricate tile design, playful colors, and a balance of unique shapes. The bathroom’s “wow” factor, a white floor-to-ceiling backsplash featuring tall pink arches, was created using our Imperial Ivory Matte Hex and Imperial Pink Gloss Hex. To complement the design, Bari incorporated a simple half-wall border made of the Imperial Ivory Matte running throughout the rest of the space.
Learn more about the process behind Bari’s Art Deco bathroom design here.
3. Banyan Bridges’ Eclectic Basement Kitchen & Dining Area
Showcasing bold pops of color and a custom checkerboard backsplash using our handmade-look Riad Grey and Riad White tiles, muralist Racheal Jackson of Banyan Bridges created an eclectic gathering space that’s as charming as it is unique out of her unfinished basement.
Visit our Spring 2021 One Room Challenge Reveals blog to get an in-depth look at Racheal’s journey renovating the space!
4. Malcom Simmons’ Lavish & Elegant Bathroom
Designer Malcolm Simmons embraced timeless style and luxury during the bathroom reno in his colonial-style condo. Walls tiled with the light-reflecting Imperial Bianco Gloss subway help the room feel brighter and more open, while the elegant Hampton Carrara Niles marble flooring adds an especially lavish touch. Malcolm’s use of multiple trim pieces, including the Noir Honed Hixton, Hampton Carrara Cardine, Imperial Bianco Gloss Square Pencil and Hampton Carrara Polished Skirting, ties the space together beautifully with a custom, polished look.
See even more of this stunning space on Malcolm’s bathroom reveal blog post!
5. Rashida Banks’ Quaint & Cozy Kitchen
Designer Rashida Banks took her early 2000s-style kitchen and transformed it into a cozy, inviting space saturated in warmth and embodying her “modern classic” style. Rashida chose the elegant Royal Satin White marble for her backsplash and extended it floor-to-ceiling on the adjoining wall. The tile’s soft creamy tones and grey veining pair perfectly with the warm cabinetry and gold accents sprinkled throughout the kitchen. Going with a more dramatic look on the floor, Rashida used the matte Aqua Nero stone-look porcelain tile for eye-catching contrast with a contemporary edge.
Head to Rashida’s kitchen reveal blog post for a behind-the-scenes look at this reno from start to finish!
6. Haneen’s Haven’s Charming Traditional Bathroom
DIYer Haneen Matt of Haneen’s Haven gave new life to her dated primary bathroom with a delightful blend of rustic and traditional style. Her use of our wood-look Truewood Beige porcelain tile on the floor creates an effortlessly warm and cozy feel, while the elegant marble shower featuring the Bianco Puro honed subway tile and Hampton Hermosa mosaic elevates the overall design with an opulent look and feel. A hidden highlight? The whimsical wallpaper-look Saltus tile showcased in the shower niches!
Explore the Spring 2021 One Room Challenge Reveals for a closer look at Haneen’s bathroom renovation.
7. Our Fifth House’s Luxe Porch Hangout
A participant in the Fall 2021 One Room Challenge, Our Fifth House‘s Carmel Phillips wanted to give her home’s blank-slate porch a stylish patio vibe perfect for lounging and reading. Using our Swan White Hex and Stream Black Hex tiles, she designed a custom patterned floor that feels fun and fresh, yet classic. Carmel’s creativity didn’t stop there, though – she also created a one-of-a-kind outdoor coffee table tiled with our Track Stack Navy. The mosaic’s small kit-kat shape offers incredible contrast against the hex flooring, while the deep blue hue adds a subtle element of color to the stylish porch.
8. Yellow Brick Home’s Vintage Chic Bathroom
Husband and wife design duo, Scott and Kim Vargo of Yellow Brick Home, took on the challenge of giving their 130-year-old Chicago flat a much-needed bathroom refresh while keeping its vintage charm intact. Wanting to keep the bathroom’s original pastel pink bathtub and sink as the stars of the space, they opted for a simple black-and-white color palette. The Imperial Bianco Gloss subway tile provides a crisp white backdrop, while the Black Marquina Marble Somerset and Black Marquina Marble Skirting add a hint of contrast. The Hampton Niles marble flooring features a sophisticated basketweave pattern that offers the perfect amount of visual interest without stealing the show.
9. Dressing Rooms Interiors’ Glam Black & White Kitchen
Ariene Bethea of Dressing Rooms Interiors Studio created a kitchen that perfectly embodies her signature “soulful maximalism” style during the Spring 2021 One Room Challenge. Her choice of the crisp Herringbone Gloss White mosaic for the backsplash pairs beautifully with deep black cabinetry for intense, eye-catching contrast. Finished with bold pops of color and luxe gold accents throughout, this space takes glam to the next level.
10. Jeweled Interiors’ Maximalist Living Room
To turn her client’s uninspired living room into an elegantly eclectic dream space, interior designer Jewel Marlowe of Jeweled Interiors embraced a bold mix of colors, patterns, and eras. Along with bright blue patterned wallpaper and funky statement-making furniture, one of the living room’s most notable upgrades was the sleek black fireplace. Jewel knew she wanted to update the original stone-stacked fireplace with something more modern and chic. Using our large-format Noir Honed Travertine to achieve the look of a dramatic and luxurious marble slab at a lower cost, the new fireplace makes for a grand focal point that grounds the color-forward space.
11. Pinch Plate Party’s Moody Artisanal Kitchen
Featuring a beautiful artisanal backsplash made of our handmade-look Riad White tile, Pinch Plate Party‘s Lauren Comer created the moody kitchen of her dreams. Wavy, uneven ripples of surface texture and varying shades of rich, creamy white give the Riad tile a crafted-by-hand appearance that instantly makes any surface appear softer. Complete with rich olive green cabinetry, warm brown tones from the Madera Miel Luxury Vinyl SPC flooring and whimsical floral wallpaper, this kitchen is a relaxing haven.
Explore the Fall 2021 One Room Challenge reveals to see even more of this alluring space!
12. Hunted Interior’s Refined Guest Bathroom
Hunted Interior‘s Kristin Jackson transformed her bland guest bathroom into a timeless and refined space during the Spring 2020 One Room Challenge. On the walls, Kristin incorporated the Glass Rosewater subway tile for its inviting greige hue that ties in beautifully with the soft veins of silvery grey and linen beige in the Royal White Polished Marble Hexagon Mosaic flooring. Styled with a few of Kristin’s favorite antique home decor pieces, this bathroom is the definition of tasteful design.
Shop The Look
- Picket Florencia Super Bianco3 x 12 in | Ceramic | 494094
- Tresana Blanco Matte12 x 24 in | Porcelain | 681119
- Royal White Polished Hex2 x 2 in | Marble | 656102
- Imperial Ivory Matte Hex2 in | Ceramic | 667821
- Imperial Pink Gloss Hex2 in | Ceramic | 667849
- Imperial Ivory Matte4 x 12 in | Ceramic | 495290
- Imperial Ivory Matte Square Pencil12 in | Ceramic | 495300
- Riad Grey4 x 4 in | Ceramic | 484018
- Riad White4 x 4 in | Ceramic | 484018
- Imperial Bianco Gloss3 x 6 in | Ceramic | 441955
- Imperial Bianco Gloss Square Pencil12 in | Ceramic | 495640
- Hampton Niles Mosaic12 x 12 in | Marble | 657372
- Hampton Carrara Cardine1 x 2 in | Marble | 655160
- Hampton Carrara Polished Skirting4.75 x 12 in | Marble | 657368
- Noir Honed Hixton.4 x 12 in | Travertine | 650039
- Aqua Nero Matte12 x 24 in | Porcelain | 680625
- Royal Satin White3 x 6 in | Marble | 656134
- Truewood Beige9 x 48 in | Porcelain | 680222
- Bianco Puro Honed2 x 8 in | Marble | 650483
- Hampton Hermosa Polished Octagon Mosaic3 x 3 in | Marble | 657613
- Saltus20 x 40 in | Porcelain | 496215
- Stream Black Hex10 in | Porcelain | 681414
- Swan White Hex10 in | Porcelain | 681415
- Track Stack Navy Blue5/8 x 6 in | Porcelain | 681429
- Imperial Bianco Gloss3 x 6 in | Ceramic | 441955
- Black Marquina Polished Skirting5 x 12 in | Marble | 650303
- Black Marquina Polished Somerset.5 x 12 in | Marble | 650300
- Herringbone Gloss White11 x 13 in | Porcelain | 681211
- Noir Honed8 x 24 in | Travertine | 655681
- Noir Honed Bullnose2 x 12 in | Travertine | 655994
- Noir Honed Stanton5 x 12 in | Travertine | 681111
- Noir Honed Barnes12 in | Travertine | 655998
- Noir Honed Somerset12 in | Travertine | 655996
- Madera Miel7 x 48 in | Luxury Vinyl Tile | 681420
- Glass Rosewater3 x 12 in | Glass | 616570
- Royal White Polished Hexagon Mosaic1 in | Marble | 656101
- Bianco Puro Honed Marble Bullnose4 x 12 in | Marble | 650744