Style & Design
Get Inspired in 2021 with Pantone’s Colors of the Year
It’s time to brighten up your space with Pantone’s Colors of the Year! Yes, you read that right, the Pantone Color Institute chose two independent colors for 2021 – Ultimate Gray and Illuminating. The Institute bases its decision on a number of different factors, including current fashion trends, new technologies, and the overall state of current affairs.
…this is a color combination that gives us resilience and hope. We need to feel encouraged and uplifted; this is essential to the human spirit.Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute
While the warm yellow shade of Illuminating communicates joy and hope, the classic neutrality of Ultimate Gray offers a sense of dependability.
In common gathering areas like the kitchen, you can’t go wrong with grey tile. Both classic and versatile, it provides the perfect backdrop for any room, allowing you to continuously update the space with new decor over time.
A backsplash featuring bold shapes is a fun way to add dimension to your space, building a focal point for the rest of the room. The geometric pattern in the photo below is eye-catching and breathes energy into the design, while the two-dimensional checked pattern on the right creates an elegant setting for the fun kitchen accessories and artwork to shine.
Click here to get more geometric tile inspiration!
We often see grey featured in the master bathroom due to the calming atmosphere it provides. Using a variety of shapes and materials within a monochromatic color scheme allows the space to feel tranquil while maintaining visual interest.
Incorporating subtle pops of yellow here and there, through things like tile, linens, or flowers, is an easy way to make the room feel both serene and cheerful.
Choosing a tile with unique textured detail brings movement and excitement to the space. This unique mosaic travertine features a three-dimensional design with a striking silver metallic finish.
Learn more about tile patterns and layouts here!
All Things Yellow
While grey is a timeless color we often turn to when designing, yellow can sometimes be a bit trickier to navigate.
If you’re hesitant about committing to yellow tile in your home, test the waters with something a little less permanent – paint. Depending on the shade and tone, yellow can fill a room with a variety of emotions, from comfort and coziness to energy and joy.
It’s easy to feel the warm and inviting atmosphere the yellow walls create in this beautiful entryway. Pairing that warmth with a more neutral color scheme on the floor, like the checkered polished marble, helps ground the space and adds an elegant touch.
The yellow door in this minimalist bathroom energizes the design with a bright pop of color, emboldening the light-and-airy atmosphere.
Mustard is the perfect shade of yellow to consider when going for a statement furniture piece. The way this dresser contrasts against the floral wallpaper makes this space look like something straight out of a magazine!
Adding splashes of color throughout a neutral room liven it up and make it feel more unique to you. These golden-yellow barstools are the perfect pair to bring out the warmer hues in the surrounding curtains and artwork.
Make a Statement
If you’re ready to dive into the world of color, the bathroom is always a great place to try something a little more adventurous! Playing with different color combinations allows you to create something truly unique and personalized. For a more youthful design, try incorporating a variety of lighter pastel colors alongside yellow for a playful feel that isn’t too overwhelming.
Love this rainbow wall? At Home with Ashley shares her best tips to incorporate color into your home here!
Who says you can’t have a bathroom filled with butterflies?! At the end of the day, it’s all about giving yourself the freedom to have fun and create something that’s going to bring you joy every time you see it.
We hope these two colors of Illuminating and Ultimate Gray encourage you to go bold and design spaces that truly embody your personal style in 2021. It is, after all, more important than ever to feel comfortable and inspired in your home.
Curious about other color options? Explore our extensive color collections here to find the perfect tile for your next project.
Shop The Look
- Nova Hex Smoke Ceramic Mosaic5 x 5.5 in | Ceramic | 615266
- Victoria Grey Braxton LT/DK Mix Marble Hexagon Mosaic9 x 12 in | Marble | 616143
- Cassettone in Grey Mosaic15 x 15 in | Porcelain | 667725
- Hampton Carrara Hex Marble Mosaic5 x 5 in | Marble | 659296
- Hampton Carrara Polished Marble Subway4 x 12 in | Marble | 657398
- Hampton Carrara Hex Marble Mosaic2 x 2 in | Marble | 657669
- Harmony Silverleaf Mosaic Travertine12 x 12 in | Travertine | 650250
- Lombardia White Polished Porcelain12 x 24 in | Porcelain | 680218
- Glass Moonscape Blend Hex Mosaic2 x 2 in | Glass | 616625
- Glass Daisy Amalfi Mosaic2 x 4 in | Glass | 616522
- Hampton Polished Stanton Marble4.7 x 12 in | Marble | 650002
- Hampton Carrara Polished Marble12 x 12 in | Marble | 656858
- Black Marquina Polished Marble12 x 12 in | Marble | 650290
- Color Market Alice Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495890
- Color Market Rosa Cha Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495886
- Color Market Blush Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495882
- Color Markert Flamingo Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495883
- Color Market Dijon Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495878
- Color Market Golden Coast Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495877
- Color Market Lima Da Persia Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495876
- Color Market Aquamarine Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495865
- Color Market Monaco Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495870
- Color Market Auckland Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495871
- Color Market Serena Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495874
- Color Market Wonderland Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495873
- Color Market Santorini Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495859
- Color Market Mandaru Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495867
- Color Market Army Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495869
- Color Market Havana Ceramic Subway2.5 x 9 in | Ceramic | 495879
- Firenze Carrara Polished Marble12 x 24 in | Marble | 650201
- Penny Round Gloss White Porcelain Mosaic12 x 13 in | Porcelain | 615814
- Annie Selke Watercolor Lines Indigo Ceramic6 x 20 in | Ceramic | 680966
- Cloth Black and White Porcelain8 x 8 in | Porcelain | 681002