Style & Design
Tile Trend: Coastal-Inspired Blues + Greens
With sun-drenched days and fresh blooms upon us, what better time to explore one of our favorite new tile trends: coastal blues and greens?! From rich navy and aqua blues to soft sage and bold emerald greens, we’re seeing these gorgeous hues everywhere–and we can’t get enough!
Reminiscent of the vibrant colors found in the sea and sky, a coastal color palette brings a fresh, earthy feel to any space. Get ready to see some of our favorite ways these striking blues and greens can be used in a variety of unique homes!
We’re starting off with this gorgeous bathroom featuring a fully tiled walk-in shower. The glossy blue-green tones in the Color Mind Marine subway tile create a bold focal point that’s elegantly accented by gold hardware and marble hex floor tile.
Learn how to incorporate the color blue into a variety of different design styles here!
This laundry room utilizes a softer color palette of greens, blues, and greys that allows the patterned cement tile to shine – plus, the hand-painted look adds a beautiful Mediterannean vibe! Cement and cement-look tiles are a wonderful choice when trying to create a space that feels rich in character.
Catch up on the history of cement and cement-look tile, and see some of our favorite styles on the blog!
A unique mix of colors and patterns breathes life into this bathroom. The shower backsplash features a striking combination of navy and gold, while the geometric design instantly adds depth and dimension.
A calming color scheme and natural wood elements ground this dreamy boho living room while the tiled fireplace takes center stage. Pressed and painted by hand, this cement tile adds just the right amount of color and pattern to this oasis-like space.
See some of our favorite fireplace design ideas here!
If your style leans more sophisticated, you can easily dress up blue or green with a classic black-and-white palette. Black-rimmed mirrors and small-scale checkered flooring elevate the mint green cabinetry in this space to feel extra chic and elegant.
The cloth-inspired shower tile in this sleek bathroom offers a gorgeous artisanal element drawing from a color palette of metallic blues and soft browns. Balanced with the white hex flooring, the space feels both fresh and dynamic!
We’re loving the statement wall in this whimsical kitchen! Floating wood shelves and sage green cabinetry add a warm, bohemian feel to the eye-catching backsplash.
Retro and coastal design styles combine in this bathroom to create something soft and whimsical. The wooden vanity and pastel decor bring just the right amount of warmth to the space.
The bold cobalt blue shower surround contrasts beautifully against the rest of this all-marble bathroom, creating an atmosphere that’s both contemporary and luxurious.
Don’t be afraid to show off your personality in your designs! This playful bathing area features bold elements of maximalism to create something that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
Colored island cabinetry is incredibly popular right now, and coordinating it with a patterned backsplash is an easy way to make a design feel more cohesive and custom. Plus, this handmade-look tile provides a textured, artisanal style for added character!
Love tropical vibes? The Amazonia Emerald Tropic collection features a gorgeous blend of blues and greens, as well as various leafy prints to achieve an especially calming, earthy feel. The shower wall hexes bring movement and dimension to this bathroom, while the crisp white marble and green subway tile provide balance and serenity.
Bring the light-and-breezy feeling of the beach indoors with a fun shower surround! The ocean blue color of this hex mosaic contrasts beautifully against the white framed subway tile. Tying the space together is a black flower-patterned floor – a playful element we absolutely adore!
Crisp white tile featured throughout this glamorous kitchen brings a fresh energy to the space and coordinates beautifully with the rich blue cabinetry. A mix of gold and wood accents helps this design feel totally unique and custom!
An artisanal-style dream, this bathroom features handmade-look tile with a blend of soft blue tones and uneven surface texture. The patterned floor tile adds a subtle, yet impactful bohemian vibe to the space with a geometric design.
Chambray fabric-inspired, this sky blue Annie Selke tile features a raised woven design that instantly creates a soft, cozy atmosphere. Paired with bright white and gold accents, it’s effortlessly chic.
Shop The Look
- Track Stack Navy Blue5/8 x 6 in | Porcelain | 681429
- Color Mind Marine BR3 x 10 in | Ceramic | 496042
- Tempesta Neve Polished13 x 13 in | Palatine | 658592
- Decor Monza White Pav8 x 8 in | Porcelain | 680757
- Octagon Matte White with Black2.25 x 2.25 in | Porcelain | 615275
- Bennett with Roman Silver Mosaic12 x 13 in | Marble | 616110
- Villandry Azure8 x 8 in | Encaustic | 680351
- Gold Widow Hex8 x 9 in | Encaustic | 680719
- Hampton Carrara Polished12 x 24 in | Marble | 657394
- Carrara Hex Mosaic3 x 3 in | Marble | 657664
- Siberian Pearl Brushed Amalfi Mosaic12 x 12 in | Marble | 650437
- Glass Teal Subway3 x 6 in | Glass | 616401
- Imperial Bianco Grame Gloss Subway4 x 12 in | Ceramic | 495632
- Hex Matte White with Black Flower10 x 12 in | Porcelain | 667753
- Hampton Carrara Hex Mosaic5 x 5 in | Marble | 659296
- Splendours Blue Night Subway3 x 12 in | Ceramic | 494548
- Annie Selke Ikat Blue20 x 20 in | Porcelain | 680871
- San Dona Honed12 x 24 in | Marble | 650370
- Amazonia Emerald Tropic Hexagon12.5 x 14.5 | Porcelain | 680994
- Glass Khaki Green Subway3 x 12 in | Glass | 616460
- Glass Khaki Green Pencil Liner.5 x 12 in | Glass | 616468
- Bianco Puro Honed Hex Mosaic2 x 2 in | Marble | 650492
- Bianco Puro Honed12 x 24 in | Marble | 650481
- Bianco Puro Honed Hixton.4 x 12 | Marble | 650736
- Bianco Puro Honed CurbMarble | 650752
- Liria Negro8 x 8 in | Encaustic | 680214
- Annie Selke Crosshatch Sky Dark12 x 25 in | Porcelain | 680912