10 Chic & Cozy Fireplace Tile Ideas
The leaves are beginning to turn, the apples are ready for picking and the cool nights have us longing for a toasty place to relax in the evening. If you’re lucky enough to have a hearth in your home, these cozy fireplace ideas will spark inspiration! Like what you see? Shop our fireplace tile to get these looks and more.
1. Floor-to-Ceiling Fireplace Tile
No mantle? No problem. Make your fireplace a statement piece by centering your fireplace in floor-to-ceiling tile for a beautiful accent wall. This contemporary and elegant design technique works with virtually any tile, but we love how it looks here with the Vinica Mugla White architectural tile.
2. Warm and Welcoming Travertine
Want a fireplace that would look at home in a hunting lodge? Natural stone like travertine gives your fireplace a rustic, earthy vibe. The Claros Silver Split Face tile creates an inviting focal point for this room with its natural grey, beige and white tones.
3. Weathered Wood Look
This fireplace is a modern take on a rustic seaside cabin. We love how the faded details in the Colonial Wood White Brillo Rev add movement and color to this fireplace wall. If you like the look of natural wood but are anxious about installing it around an open flame, explore our wide selection of wood-look tiles.
4. Stately Patterns
Maybe rustic isn’t your aesthetic. A beautifully patterned tile fireplace harkens back to historical drawing rooms. Update this style with modern print for a look that’s both contemporary and classic. We love how the Laura Ashley Mr Jones Midnight shown here makes for an elegant focal point, and ties into the simple blue and gold accessories.
5. Sculptural Tile
Want a fireplace that really stands out? Sculptural or 3D tile will transform your fireplace into a work of three-dimensional art. If you love the extra dimension the Cube Gold AC tile brings to the room, explore our wide selection of 3D tile.
6. Brick Tile
Achieve the classic fireplace look with real brick tiles. These tiles are thin enough that you can install them on your fireplace surround and floor without them jutting out into the room. We love how these tiles make this fireplace designed by Timber Trails feel both modern and timeless. With Christmas around the corner this fireplace is the ideal place to hang a stocking.
7. Black Marble Look
Want a contemporary look that sets the tone for the whole room? Create drama around your fireplace with black marble or marble-look tiles. The fine white veining of the Marmi Classico Nero Venato porcelain tile creates a striking contrast and adds to its moody allure.
8. Architectural Look
Imagine curling up in front of this stunning stone fireplace. Architectural-look tile creates the feel of a cabin in the woods, even if you are in the middle of the city. We love how the California Gold tile fireplace makes a statement even without a mantle, but this tile would look equally impressive as a more traditional fireplace surround.
9. Cool Stone
This black limestone tile creates a sleek fireplace moment that’s sure to impress. The natural shade variation and veining present in stone tile will transform your space with understated beauty. We love how the Noir Honed limestone tile creates movement and texture on this fireplace wall.
10. Stacked Subway
This fireplace is a chic modern twist on a classic. The vertical-stacked subway tile creates the illusion of height and the neat lines provide a sense of order. We love how the cool bluish-grey Morris & Co. Hawkdale Pure Cloud subway tile complements the patterned Net Cloud on the hearth.
We hope these cozy fireplace room ideas have sparked some inspiration. Ready to tackle your next project? Check out our full selection of fireplace tiles, or find even more inspiration on our fireplace tile design ideas page.
We love to see your tile creations! Share your next project by tagging us @thetileshop on Instagram or uploading it directly to our Customer Room Gallery (you can find even more design inspo there, too)!
Shop The Look
- Laura Ashley Wicker Sea Spray Matte13 x 13 in. | Porcelain | 681391
- Claros Silver Split Face Free LengthTravertine | 658966
- Sauvage Gris Wood Look9 x 47 in. | Porcelain | 680220
- Claros Silver Split Face Free Length Out CornerTravertine | 650080
- Colonial Wood White Brillo Rev3 x 12 in. | Ceramic | 494710
- Firehouse Thin-Brick 2 x 8 in. | Brick | 681165
- Cube Gold AC 18 x 35 in. | Ceramic | 496044
- Marmi Classico Nero Venato Ret Pol24 x 47 in. | Porcelain | 680804
- California Gold Large Architectural6 x 24 in. | Slate | 650270
- Laura Ashley Mr Jones Midnight Matte13 x 13 in. | Porcelain | 650368
- San Dona Honed 12 x 12 in. | Marble | 650368
- Noir Honed 8 x 24 in. | Limestone | 655681
- Noir Honed Bullnose Trim2 x 12 in. | Limestone | 655994
- Morris & Co. Pure Net Cloud Grey 13 x 13 in. | Porcelain | 681461
- Morris & Co. Hawkdale Pure Cloud3 x 8 in. | Ceramic | 484088
- Solna Natural 6 x 35 in. | Porcelain | 680650
- Vinica Mugla White 12 in. | Marble | 650340
- Strato Bianco Double ChevronMarble | 650349
- Shanix Black Flamed 12 x 12 in. | Granite | 656022